With the rise of air fryers as a kitchen staple, making cannabutter has become not just efficient, but also a fun culinary experiment. This guide will walk you through how to create potent, flavorful cannabutter using an air fryer.
Understanding the Basics of Cannabutter
Cannabutter is essentially butter that has been infused with cannabinoids from the cannabis plant. It’s a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of recipes, from baked goods to savory dishes.
Why Use an Air Fryer for Cannabutter?
Using an air fryer for making cannabutter offers several benefits:
- Efficient Extraction: The air fryer’s precise heat allows for swift and efficient extraction of cannabinoids, ensuring potent cannabutter.
- Energy Efficiency: Air fryers use less energy compared to traditional methods, making it an eco-friendly choice.
- Simplicity: It simplifies the process, making it accessible even for beginners.
Recipe: Air Fryer Cannabutter
- 20 ounces of butter, olive oil, or coconut oil
- 0.5 – 1 ounce of cannabis flowers (or 2 – 3 oz rosin chips)
- 1 teaspoon sunflower or soy lecithin (optional)
- Air Fryer
- Oven-safe dish
- Fine mesh filter
- Decarboxylation: Grind and destem the cannabis. Place it in a heat-safe dish, cover with foil (poked for air), and decarboxylate in the air fryer for two 30-minute cycles at 250°F.
- Infusion: Add butter or oil to the dish with cannabis. Cover and heat for 40 minutes at 250°F. Remove and replace the cover for two more 40-minute cycles at 250°F, monitoring the temperature.
- Cooling and Straining: Let it cool, then strain through a fine mesh filter.
- Molding and Chilling: Pour into molds and chill until use.
Tips for Making Perfect Cannabutter
- Quality Matters: Use high-quality cannabis for better flavor and potency.
- Potency Control: Start with a small amount in recipes and adjust as needed.
- Consumption Caution: Be mindful of the amount consumed, especially with homemade edibles.
Storing Your Cannabutter
- Refrigeration: Keeps fresh for a few weeks in the fridge.
- Freezing: Can last several months in the freezer when stored properly.
Making cannabutter in an air fryer is a game-changer, providing an easy and efficient way to infuse butter with cannabis. Remember to start with high-quality ingredients and adjust the potency to your liking. With this method, you can enjoy a wide range of cannabis-infused dishes right from your kitchen.